Saturday, January 22, 2011

The First Bordeaux. Château Lanessan 2005

Flying in blind is a difficult thing when it comes to wine.  I could do all the reading about appellations, the AOC, and other strange conventions and it still wouldn't bring me closer to understanding a Bordeaux.  So how does one pick a wine when on is still in a state of confusion over the whole concept.  Well one could walk into the wine store pick a region that sounds nice,  see a good price, and notice that the wine has a 90+ rating from a respected wine publication. So what does one come up with; the Château Lanessan 2005 Haut- Medoc.

I will be honest about this wine, it is everything it advertised.  A beautiful mellow red with some good complexity.  Very bold flavors and smooth tannins.  It shows what a little age does to a quality wine makes it a very pleasant experience.

I did wish that I could have also pick up the Bordeaux glasses from Reidel but couldn't quite aford them yet.  So keep watching for my experiment. Does a Bordeaux truly taste better in the Bordeaux glass? (Yes i know its been done before, but i just want to see for myself).

No comments:

Post a Comment