Sunday, January 9, 2011

Wine Journey: Introduction.

From the humble beginnings of my blog, I have noticed my posts have lacked a focus that was it's original intent.  I am an armature in the wine world, only having tasted a few wines.  How am I to understand an rate wines if I haven't had the experience than many others have had?  How can I presume my opinion on wine is accurate with out trying a little wine from everywhere in the world? How do I go about trying wines from all around the world?  The answer is simple: Have a Focus.

My future posts will be a chronicle of my journey around the world.  Of course monetary constraints prohibit me from doing a lot of actual travel, I will make it mostly a virtual trip through the glory of wine.  It is said that good wines bring one the flavors and ideas of the regions that they are produced.  I hope to taste the essence of these wines and share what I discover.  It will be a long journey, but it will hopefully enlighten me on what is out there in wine. Maybe I will find some new favorites, maybe I will have the opportunity to try some of the finest wines every created, maybe I will only be able to afford the table wine genre from each region.  One fact that is certain, I will be drinking wine. 

I have decided to start the journey in a country that is synonymous with wine.  A country were the idea of fine wine became an undying legacy.  France.  I will be exploring the country by regions starting with one of the most famous; Bordeaux. 

Wine world here I come.  

No comments:

Post a Comment