Monday, December 6, 2010

2007 Ledson - Zinfandel Sonoma Valley Ancient Vine: The Very First Wine Review

I bought this wine during our recent Napa trip.  The Ledson winery came highly recommended to us by friends and locals alike.  I experienced this wine during our tasting flights and was enamored with it.  I felt it had a great character and boldness. So of course I purchased a bottle that we schlepped back down.  Tonight after the trials and tribulations of this weekend I ended up opening the bottle.  That first sip did the job and pulled me back to Sonoma and the Ledson tasting room. While I remember a big hit of boldness at the tasting bar, I got a more mellow feel on the mouth and could taste more of the underling fruit at my home. That combined with and earthy nose and hints of black fruits, this is a very nice relaxing wine.

If you find yourself in the Napa/Sonoma area i do recomend the Ledson winery, very good wines, a deli and a lovely picnic area. They are a direct to consumer winery so check them out http://www.ledsonwinery.com/

Cheers.

No comments:

Post a Comment