Saturday, December 4, 2010

Introduction:

Welcome to the first posting of what I hope to be a highly readable blog about wine.   I figured if others can blog successfully I can give it the old college try.  In this day and age everyone wants to carve out their little corner of the Internet, and this will be mine.  As you can see my corner is quite small right now, just some dull floor boards and broken stool. 

I can see that there is one question that needs to be asked, why wine?  Well the simple answer is wine has become a hobby of mine.  I love to order a bottle of wine for dinner, journey down the aisles of a wine shop (and BevMo too, but we’ll get into that in another post), or open a bottle late at night when the house is still and quite.  It has become a joy and escape for me and a passion I can share with my wife (another wino).  All things said, I think my main purpose in this blog is to try to share some of that joy I feel with others.

As the weeks progress, I will hope to find my voice and inform and entertain as I travel through an old world as a new explorer.  One thing I would like to make perfectly clear, I AM NOT AN EXPERT.  I am not a professional writer or an underground wine critic. The best way to describe where this blog is going is that it’s a fan site.  Pure and simple I am a fan of good wine, and would love to find great wine and make that great wine accessible to all who would want to try wine. 

Thank you for reading my first ramblings and lets raise our glasses to more ramblings to come.  Please feel free to e-mail me if you have a suggestion or a wine to try or an idea of something you would like to read about.  Cheers.

3 comments:

  1. Yeah Mike! This is amazing! May I suggest visiting Total Wine if you haven't already done so. The closest one is near Lucille's on Imperial just off the 57. Great prices and even though your site is for wine, they also have an amazing beer selection! Hmm maybe we will have to do A Nose For Wine and Sasaki Food Time mashup!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My plan is to visit there and have a review of it. And yes i agree that a mashup would be great cause Food and Wine are the perfect match. Now all i need is a cool logo like you, i have some ideas I just have to talk to the right people.

    ReplyDelete
  3. and you need a theme song as well! hahahahahahaha

    ReplyDelete