Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Tuesday Night is Meatloaf Night. featuring Cruz Alta Reserve Malbec 2008

I always look forward to Tuesday night, grandma picks up the kids and takes them to dance class and brings them back along with meatloaf, mashed potatoes, and some sort of veg plate.  Tonight was no different . . . well except the kids didn't have dance class, and tonight i decided to pull a wine out of our growing wine closet.

For tonight I chose Cruz Alta Reserve Malbec 2008 from Argentina. As I have read the Argentine have perfected the Malbec, especially in the region of Mendoza.  Well for my introduction to Malbec I think this was a good place to start.  It wasn't as deep and heavy as i thought it would be, it had a surprising delicateness and refinement that made the experience very pleasurable.   It went very well with the quality store bought meatloaf.  

I think I would like to try some more Malbecs, and maybe throw in some great empanadas or and nice fillet mignon. Hmm do i see an Argentine night in the future?


No comments:

Post a Comment